Whew! It has been one hot summer, and I am not just talking about all the awesome music that has been released. There have been days here that hit a 112 degree Fahrenheit on the index. This time of year is big for both artists and music lovers, because of all the festivals and open-air concerts going on all season. Thousands of people will fill the festival grounds and tromp through the concert venues to get a closer look at their favorite bands. We love summer! Since you probably already know how damn hot it is out there, do you also know how to beat the heat when it comes to being out at festivals and concerts? We want every single one of you to have a blast and enjoy every second possible while you’re out so here are some tips to keep you headbanging all summer long:
- Get plenty of rest
- Remain hydrated (it’s alright to indulge at the concert, but make sure there’s a lot of water as well!)
- Wear lightweight, light-colored clothing (we all know most band tees are black, but keep it light as possible!)
- Eat small meals, more often (this will keep your energy level up, and your body won’t be overworking due to large amounts of food)
- Take breaks from the heat (open-air festivals and concerts may make this difficult, but there should be tents at minimum for attendees)
- Pay attention to those around you
- Take note of your body’s reaction to the heat (know the signs and symptoms of heat-related illnesses)
Alright, this isn’t middle school, we know, but when it comes to music lovers and our need for longer, louder, bigger events, it’s important to remember to take care of ourselves so we can continue to enjoy them!
Now that I’ve harped on being safe, we can’t wait to hear about your summer experiences. Share your concerts and festivals with us! Pictures too!
Have a blast, crank it up and Metal On Loud!